Guess which team is the FIRST IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI EVER to receive an OPEN Bid to Nationals?
Guess which team finished FIRST OUT OF 196 TEAMS AT THE LONE STAR NATIONAL QUALIFIER?
WAY TO GO TEAM!
- Always check back, please, in case of any additions or changes, etc.
- We have a situation that had never happened to us, or me, that is, in 30 years. We have been told we can not practice any more this season at Ozark Junior High School. I received a call from Mr Philips, the Athletic Director last Thursday morning about how the Senoh net was left after practice there Wednesday night. I believe he said it was not hung up, but left in a pile on the floor (as I recall) and there were some more tears in the net. I was in shock just a bit, so I am unsure of exactly what happened to the net. I called a number of parents and Brooke. I sent an e-mail to Olivia just this morning, but haven't heard back from her, yet.
It is imperative that we find out what happened. If any of the 13Blue, 13Red or 14Red players or parents have any definite information for me, please, call me at 753-3133. This has been most disturbing to me as you might guess. Then it might not have been so bad, but there was an incident about a month ago there. Some brought in pop or ice cream and some was spilled and left a sticky area on the floor, and the floor had to be cleaned before they could have PE on it. And the nets were in the wrong place. I cannot be at every location at the end of the night. But I have personally observed around a dozen or more players bringing ice cream, pop, Gatorade into the East Gym at the Junior High. Parents are also guilty of bringing big paper cups of pop into the gyms at all locations, but not so much at Ozark Upper since they have the commons area for them to sit at the tables. Now maybe, just maybe, you can understand why I preach constantly about not bringing anything into the gym. Or maybe not, but schools are not knocking down our doors asking us to come and use their gyms. Ozark Schools have been so good to me and the club for so many years. I don't think they deserve this if we indeed did some damage to the net. I am determined to find out what happened and appreciate any help that I can get. This whole thing is devastating to me personally, and I hope to make it right with Ozark Junior High School.
- All final payments are now ready for you to make. All of you should have received from your team parent rep, the amount owed to close out each one's file a week or so ago. I will have any credit amounts the club owes some who had overpaid at practices this week. The checks are written. I will send an updated list of outstanding amounts owed to our Team Parent Reps, and I will bring my copy of the list to practices Wednesday night. Most of you either brought your payments or mailed them to me. Thanks so much. You have been fantastic. Please help me get this finished up this week. Thank you, so much for your patience. I will try to do better next year. I came up with a formula, and timing on things that will help, but it was a bit time intensive. But it is done and will make things much easier next season.
- This weekend 16Blue won their OPEN Bid to Nationals at Lone Star in Dallas. They were next in line last year, but didn't get the OPEN Bid. They did, however, finish 2nd at Nationals in the National Division (the 2nd highest division) last summer. This year they will compete at the highest level. This is the first time for any team in Southwest Missouri to get an OPEN Bid to Nationals.
- 18Blue had a rather rough time in the 18OPEN at Dallas. Sometimes a team has a lot of excellent players, but is not able to play at a strong level. I don't know the reason for the struggle, but the talent is there. They finished 4th in Power League which got them an American bid. Then finishing 3rd at Regionals, through trickle down they were upgraded to a National Bid to Nationals. They continued to play in OPEN, and it, at least, gave them a chance to play against the best teams.
- This weekend our 15Blue has Regionals in the KC area. I think they have an excellent chance to get a bid to Nationals. That will be the last of the bids for our club. My wish for all of you is that you have the opportunity to play in a National Tournament. It is just another tournament as I usually say, but it is something special nevertheless.
- I am including information regarding Lori's CODP - Community Olympic Development Program (pdf). This DOES require an RSVP by May 1. It is the best thing that 4th graders thru 8th graders (as of this current school year) can possibly do to improve your level of skills.
This program is not a necessary program that all players must attend. But most all of you will be competing against players that have participated in CODP at school tryouts and club tryouts. And there is not doubt that the training has been a big contribution to the success of our club teams as well as others in our area. It is nice to see Volleyball in Southwest Missouri growing in numbers and in successful teams. I don't mean to scare anyone, but thought you might want some info.
Practices Wednesday, April 23
- Rogersville Upper Main
6-8 13Blue, 13Red
- Rogersville Upper Auxiliary Gym
CONGRATULATIONS to these SJVC players who have committed to play college volleyball!
(Girls Junior National Championships)
- 18Blue - National bid
- 16Blue - Open bid
- 14Blue - American bid
Photos and More...
Follow us on Facebook