SJVC 15-Blue 1st Place - 16Open, Lori Endicott Holiday Volley
SJVC TEAM Announcements
- Condolences to:
- Caitlyn, Cassidy and Diana Bernhard on the passing of their grandmother/mother
- Gabby and Bart Birmingham on the passing of their grandfather/father
- PLEASE READ OFFICIATING NOTICE at right.
- Sarah has received ratings from 16Red. Who else has ratings?
- Always check back, please, in case of any additions or changes, etc.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE GYM, PLEASE. SOMEONE LEFT SOMETHING STICKY ON THE FLOOR, AND I CAN'T FIND OUT WHO IT IS, SO I HAVE TO LIMIT TEAMS AT OZARK JUNIOR HIGH. THE FLOOR HAD TO BE CLEANED THURSDAY MORNING BEFORE THE GYM WAS USED. THE NET THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUT ON THE HOOKS IN THE LOCKER ROOM WAS JUST THROWN ON THE FLOOR, TOO. I DON'T APPRECIATE A CALL FROM THE NEW ATHLETIC DIRECTOR THURSDAY AFTERNOON. HE HAS BEEN GRACIOUS WITH US, AND I DON'T WANT ANY MORE PROBLEMS. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING EDIBLE OR DRINKABLE INTO THE GYM. IF SOMETHING IS SPILLED ANYWHERE CLEAN IT UP. BE GROWNUP LADIES. If no team comes in to take the court where you are, then you need to take the net down and put it away properly. Maybe someone from Ozark could make a sign telling where everything goes, please. Maybe someone who uses Rogersville could do the same for that facility. Thanks so much.
- Coaches, I expect you to watch the setup and take down of the net systems. Parents can help if you will. Please try to refrain from taking the attention of the coach until all is put up properly or we will once again be lacking gym space. Another thing I have noticed is that the same girls seem to put the nets up and the balls, and the ballcarts, too while others sit and visit. Coaches you should not have to see to that, but if the players are not mature enough you need to guide them. Thanks. I don't think anyone should not help out, and maybe if they are reminded of it they will start on their own to contribute. This is always something that happens to an extent, but with just a little adjustment could be a lot more fair.
- COACHES - WE VERY MUCH NEED TO DO SOME POSITION CLINICS. I AM SERVING FAIR WARNING - NEXT WEEK PLEASE PLAN ON DOING THAT. IF YOU WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THAT LET ME KNOW, PLEASE. WE WILL NEED ALL OF THE COACHES WE CAN GET. ALL OF THE PLAYERS ARE COUNTING ON YOU. This is something that will benefit the players very much. I have not had time to contact coaches, but hopefully you will read this.
Please let me know when you are willing to do a position clinic for the players. It will surely help them immensely.
CONGRATULATIONS to these SJVC players who have committed to play college volleyball!
OFFICIATING CERTIFICATION DEADLINE MARCH 1 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
The deadline for players to obtain officiating certification (first referee, second referee and/or scorer) is March 1. Teams without certified officials in each position after that date are subject to fines.
Certification is a 2-step process:
Step 1: Complete your online officiating clinics NOW. You will need your Webpoint login to access them. Directions here (pdf).
Step 2 :Obtain a rating during a tournament from your Coach or another region-certified official.
All ratings must be sent to Sarah. The Region must see all completed rating forms this year.
Scorer ratings MUST be on a 3rd (deciding) set. Ratings conducted during pool play will not count. We will offer a chance to obtain your scorer rating at a practice.
ALL SJVC Teams 15 and above should certify at least 2 players in each position: first referee, second referee and scorer.
ALL SJVC Teams 14 and under should certify at least 2 players in each of 2 positions: second referee and scorer.
Rating Forms (pdfs):